Last software/firmware versions
Huntloci app for Android : 2.1.0 (get it Google Play)
Huntloci app for iPhone/iPad): 1.5 (get it App Store)
Firmware for dog tracker: 1.6.7 (for updating send SMS "fw" to tracker)
10 tips how to use Huntloc
- To share hunt with other hunters, create “Hunt” (red button) and you will receive unique code.
- Share the code with others and they can join you in your hunt. Everyone who joins the hunt can be seen on the map.
- To share information and communicate during the Hunt you can use Chat.
- Touching Map icon you can choose different map layers on Google and Estonian terrain map.
- Long touch on screen opens up choice, where you can save the location, share it with others or set as your destination to arrive
- Using Copmass you can move where you need to. Mark the destination(long touch on screen) on your map and follow the compass arrow.
- Ruler helps you to measure the distances between the locations
- On Menu you can set the interval how often data is sent and received. Doing so you can save battery for longer
- To Track the hunting dog on you app, you have to have dog tracker.
- Touch map on your screen and it widens even more!
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
Huntloci requires a data connection to work and GPS-based positioning, which is quite a burden for your mobile phone. Here are 10 recommendations to help ensure that the mobile phone would work the whole day of hunting:
- Turn on GPS and mobile communication only during hunt. At other times (eg, lunch break or a meeting turn it off.
- Turn off other possible applications that continuously exchange data to the server (eg, e-mail, calendar, Skype, etc.).
- View the phone screen when it is necessary. Mobile screen takes a lot of energy, and it strains the battery significantly.
- Set the phone screen brightness as low as possible. Very high brightness of the screen is nice to look at, but it takes lots of power.
- Set Huntloci application data exchange intervals, depending on whether you move, or you stand. Huntlocis position reporting interval can be determined even one minute. This saves battery power. Changing the location of the interval is available since version 1.5.2.
- Use Power Bank. There are different sizes and allow to charge your phone several times.
- Use car charger to charge your phone during longer pauses while you can.
- Examine the acquisition of a new phone battery capacity. The higher the number, the longer the battery typically lasts.
- Hold the phone as possibly warm. Cold battery capacity decreases very significantly.
- Get a new battery for your phone .
Smartphone is exposed to various magnetized objects ( magnet phone covers) and sometimes the compass is not working properly. Its recommended calibrate to compass time to time .
To do that open Huntloc compass view (button is on the left bottom corner in map view ). To calibrate the compass there are a number of possibilities (see also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1EPbAapaeI ):
1. Draw each of the three sides of the device in the air three times the number “8”;
2. Turn the device on three sides, three times around its own axis;
2. Run the device in the air three times the number 8 shape as shown.
1. Download app in Google Play
2. Start app and choose language
3. Add your phone number and insert PIN-code (will be sent via SMS in to your phone)
4. Add your name and choose your hunting role
5. That’s it!
With Huntloc free version you can use basic group tracking functionalities. Huntloc Premium includes dozens features needed for effective and safe hunting. To see full list Huntloc Premium featrures click here
See the example video: